Types of cookies
There are different types of cookies depending on, above all, their nature. They are classified as follows:
According to the period of time for which they are used:
- Session cookies: are those designed to collect and store data while the user is visiting a website. They are normally used to store information that is only needed in order to provide the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased) and disappear when the browser is closed.
- Persistent cookies: are those that store data that can be accessed and processed for a period that can range from a few minutes to several years.
According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services offered, including those that the editor uses to allow the management and operation of the website and enable its functions and services (such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted sections and similar purposes of a technical nature).
- Customization cookies: are those that remember information so that the user can access the service with certain custom features, such as language displayed, number of results to show in search results, the aspect or content of the service depending on the type of browser or the region from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: are those that collect information to monitor and analyse how users navigate through the website, including the relevance of the adverts displayed. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure how the website, application or platform is performing, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: are those that store information on user behaviour according to their browsing habits in order to show adverts adapted to the information obtained.
According to who manages them:
- First-party cookies: are those sent to the user’s browser from a computer or domain managed by the website owner and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: are those sent to the user’s browser from a computer or domain that is not managed by the website owner, but by another party that processes the information obtained.
What types of cookies does this website use?
Our website uses Google Analytics (third-party analysis cookies), a web analytics service developed by Google, to measure and analyse how users browse websites. These cookies can be seen on your browser and, according to the previous descriptions, they are session and analysis cookies.
Through web analytics, information is obtained regarding the number of users visiting the website, the number of pages visited, how often they are visited, how many times and for how long, the browser used, the network providing the service, the language, the device used and the IP. With this information our website can provide a better service.
To ensure anonymity, Google truncates the IP address before storing it. Google Analytics is not used to locate or collect information that is personal to the website visitor. Google may only send the information collected through Google Analytics to third parties when it is legally bound to do so. Under the terms of provision of the Google Analytics service, Google will not link your IP address with any other data kept by Google.
You can find out more about Google Analytics here.
First-party technical cookies to ensure the website can provide the services requested.
How to manage cookies?
In this sense, the user will be able to check the cookie settings on practically all browsers, especially to see if they have been downloaded, their duration or how to delete them. The following links will provide information on how to do so on different browsers:
Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
Mozilla Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Safari for iOS (iPhone and iPad) https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
Google Chrome para Android https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en&oco=1
On the other hand, the user can accept, block or delete the cookies on the computer by changing the browser settings according to the instructions detailed on the above links, although these settings are normally found under the “Preferences” or “Settings” menu.
However, if all cookies are blocked, the web content as well as certain functionalities and services provided by the website could be affected.
The data collected through cookies will be stored according to the purpose for which it is collected, without prejudice to what is legally established.